Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Massive Summer Update



Summer started with sleep. Lots of sleep, and not getting out of bed early. We had a gigantic family reunion at the end of June. I love spending time with my family. All of the kids were good. We didn't have any major meltdowns or injuries. It was great. While we were there, Mike had an interview (over the phone) with Best Buy and was hired on our last day there. He is super happy with his new job and is loving it.

Here are my parents with all of the grand kids who were at the reunion.

After we got home, I realized that it was Alexis' birthday in a few days! I was too tired to deal with a party, so we bought her some presents, took her out to pick out her cake, frosting, and ice cream flavor, and invited over family. SIX!














The following week, Emily went to her first year of girls camp. No, she is not twelve yet, but our stake (and maybe others?) has decided to take the girls the year that they turn twelve so that they are staying with the other girls in the same class at church. I'm glad that they did this, because she would have been very sad not being with her friends every year.


After she got home, and before Mike started his new job, we decided to take the kids to the beach for a couple of days. They had lots of fun playing in the sand and water, I taught them how to boogie board, and we met up with some cousins and had a BBQ. It was a fun and relaxing time.














Mike started out his new job with a week in the Los Angeles area for training. While he was gone, I took the kids and visited Corinna for a couple of days, and we took all the kids to the beach for a day. They had lots of fun again. We love our cousins!


Immediately after getting home, we had to pack Mike up and take him to the airport for a week in Minnesota for more training! I decided that would be a good time to head up into the hills, so we spent the week at Big Meadow. It was wonderful getting out of the heat and enjoying the peaceful nature.




















Once we got home, summer was pretty much over, so the final week was spent preparing to go back to school. The kids are all doing good and liking their teachers.





















First day of school! Emily has to catch the bus early, so she gets her own picture.


I wasn't going to go to Big Meadow for Labor Day this year, but Alice and Eddie talked me into it, so we headed up the mountain again for the long weekend. We had a great time with friends that we hardly see, and there were lots of kids to play with.


(I don't know why blogger suddenly decided to post all of my pictures to the side, but there you have it. I took a lot more pictures, but I'm tired of fighting with it to get them posted.)

1 comment:

Williams Family Dirt said...

Oh my goodness they are all getting so big! We should really plan a holiday dinner with everyone this year. Maybe if we start it earlier it will happen. I will leave it to you Bako peeps to do it. We will just show up!