Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Alexis' second birthday

I can't believe that it has been two years since my little one was born. Time really does fly. Makes me a bit sad. We celebrated Alexis' birthday on Sunday, so everyone could make it. This first picture is the kids before church in the outfits we bought them in Hawaii. That's right, genuine tourist clothing! This was the first time I made them all wear them on the same day, so I had to take a picture.
This is the cake I made. I know I'm not as talented as some of you, but this is actually pretty good for me. When I asked Alexis what kind of cake she wanted, (no, I wasn't expecting her to answer) she said "quack, quack" So I got on the internet and typed in "duck cakes" and a whole bunch of pictures came up. Then she got really excited and started yelling "QUACK QUACK! QUACK QUACK!" I got a bunch of really good, easy ideas, and here you go! (By the way, the ducks are in a bubble bath)

Alexis really like it when we all started singing to her. She thought it was great. Just look at that precious face! We tried to convince her for a while to blow out the candles, but she didn't get it. Even after all the other kids were done eating and moving on to playing, she sat there and ate every little bit off her plate. It might not look perfect, but it tastes great!



Finally done eating, we brought her into the living room to open the presents. It took her a little help to get going, but once she had it figured out, there was no stopping her. Just to let you know how sweet she is, after she opened each present, she took each one to a different person. Either she was sharing, or she just wanted them all out of the boxes faster.


3 comments:

Williams Family Dirt said...

She is absolutely adorable, Happy Birthday Alexis!

Merrimom said...

Cute cake! I love it! She is so cute...as are the others of course. See you soon.....

Jenn said...

Oh! I think the cake is adorable! Fun dresses too! :0)